The 13th edition of the International Gluten Workshop is organized with the ambitious objective of making this event the most important wheat quality conference for the global community. The IGW will focus on the latest in all wheat quality topics (not only gluten) and is designed for all grain quality scientists, nutrionists, breeders, agronomists, and professionals in the seed, milling and food industries. Researchers from around the world will report on progress made in topics such as:
- Contribution of wheat grain components and their interactions to industrial and nutritional quality (gluten proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, bioactive components, enzymatic activity)
- Innovations on the analysis of wheat quality parameters: technologies and methodologies.
- Progress in milling and processing technologies
- End-use quality of bread and durum wheat and other cereals possessing gluten-like proteins
- Genetics and breeding for wheat processing and nutritional quality improvement
- Industrial and non-food uses of gluten
- Health benefits of wheat and gluten adverse reactions
- Deploying genetic resources for end-use and nutritional quality improvement
IGW and CIMMYT will use this global reach to establish networks and define future projects to face the current challenges in the field.